M4 CP - Book Cover Design (Part 2)

 

M4 CP - Book Cover Design (Part 2)

Pinocchio Cover

I love Pinocchio and this book is just such a classic. I thought it would be fun to redesign the cover since my little brother was reading the book for school. On the cover we have Pinocchio and everyone's favorite cricket, Jiminy Cricket. I took a used a Pinocchio picture I found on the web and layer masked it so only the cricket and Pinocchio was visible. I had also adjusted the hue and saturation on the image to give a nicer, cleaner look to it. I also chose the Trajan Color font to make the cover feel more authentic. On the spine I have a picture of Pinocchio's head which I got from the front and just finished layer masking. I also kept the same font for the text and I have the Walt Disney logo to make it feel like it's a real book cover. Now I admit the back does seem kind of bare. I used the rectangle tool to make a box for the text to go into which has the same font. I then have the price of the book and the barcode located at the bottom left for easy discovery in the event someone wanted to buy the book. I also put the logo at the bottom right. I feel like I did a good job on the cover but the back may be a little bare. Feel free to give me some feedback.





Reference Image





Comments